Keto PB Almond Cookies for a Happier CNY!
Updated: Mar 7, 2021
Chinese New Year without cookies is not Chinese New Year. Save the cake for Xmas and other festive, we want Chinese cookies! It will make me happier and I'm sure you too!
As flour is not allowed on a ketogenic diet, that leaves us with almond flour and coconut to play with. Hence, the texture will not be as crunchy as the ordinary version, but it’s definitely healthier.
This recipe is a modified version of the classic Chinese Peanut Cookies. Instead of peanut; which may not be well-tolerated by those prone to inflammation, I swapped it with almond. Also, to give the peanut taste and aroma, I added one special ingredient - JOBBIE Chunky Pure Peanut Butter, which instantly enhances the binding as well. Tadaa… a keto-friendly CNY cookies!
180g Roasted almond dice
2 tablespoon JOBBIE Pure Peanut Butter (chunky) - No sugar, No salt!
80ml Coconut oil
1 Egg yolk
1) Lightly sautee the almond dice on a pan to golden brown.
2) Pour it to a food processor.
3) Add almond flour, sweetener and coconut oil.
4) Blend until the mixture is well-mixed but not mushy.
5) Scoop 1 heap teaspoon of the dough (approximately 10g), squeeze it to firm and roll into a ball. If you have problem holding it together, simply add 1-2 teaspoon of coconut oil.
6) Make an indention in the centre with a chopstick.
7) Egg wash the top of the cookie.
8) Preheat the oven at 180C for 20 minutes. Put in the cookies and bake for 10-12 minutes.
Happy Lunar New Year!
A step-by-step video of the CNY Keto PB Almond Cookies: