Keto Korean Cheesy BBQ
Updated: Feb 24
This recipe was created when I was swamped with work and wanted to come up with something quickly to feed the family.
As you may already know, all the Korean spicy BBQ sauce available on shelf are non-keto. If you do happen to find one that's keto compliant, do let me know. I'll be intrigued!
Here I used canyene powder, chili flakes, salt and pepper to marinate pork belly slices. You may use any meat of your choice.
400g meat of choice (pork belly/beef/chicken)
cayenne chili powder 1tbs
chili flake 1tbs
sesame oil 1ts
coconut oil 2-3tbs
yellow onion 1/2 (sliced)
garlic 2 cloves (diced)
1 cup cheddar cheese (cubed/sliced)
white sesame seed
1) Season meat with sesame oil, salt, pepper, chili powder and flakes for 2-4 hours.
2) Heat a non-stick pan on medium heat and pour in coconut oil.
3) Add in onions and garlic. When the onions and garlic are turning soft, put in meat.
4) Cook meat until brown and flip to another side.
5) Add in cheese and cucumber. Cover the lid.
6) When meat is browning, turn down the heat and sprinkle some scallion on top.
7) Add some seaweed and white sesame seeds before turning off the heat.
8) Serve with romaine lettuce, cucumber and tomato.